I first met Carolyn Van back around 2009 when I worked at a Toronto private school; we connected as she needed a teacher panelist for an education/tech event, and we've stayed in touch since.
In her own words, Carolyn is a shi(f)t disturber, marketer, strategic communications specialist and community builder. She solves problems with design, technology and communication-based solutions. Carolyn has been a trusted advisor and educator to many from post-secondary students to senior level managers and technology start-ups to large corporations.
Her technology and entrepreneurial accolades, experience and knowledge have been recognized on various public outlets including CTV News, Global Entrepreneurship Week, The Globe and Mail and The Financial Post.
Her digital presence and deep-rooted relationships in the start-up, technology, interactive media and design and investment communities make Carolyn a strong ally for organizations who are looking to innovate and grow.
This shi(f)t disturber is looking for her next role, ideally:
- Preferably a technology company (or a role where she gets to work with technology)
- Senior manager roles
- Growth hacking
- Marketing communications
- Strategic partnerships
- Community engagement
- Online and offline strategies and programs
- Both strategic planning and implementation
- Working with cross-functional and/or multidisciplinary teams
- Encouraged to work on research (which will hopefully lead to the development) on the future of technology
- Work with a team of overachievers, constant learners and experimenters
- Toronto-based but willing to travel
Feel free to connect with Carolyn if you are interested in chatting.
Have a great weekend.